Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Vestibulum tortor quam, feugiat vitae, ultricies eget, tempor sit amet, ante. Donec eu libero sit amet quam egestas semper. Aenean ultricies mi vitae est. Mauris placerat eleifend leo. Quisque sit amet est et sapien ullamcorper pharetra. Vestibulum erat wisi, condimentum sed, commodo vitae, ornare sit amet, wisi. Aenean fermentum, elit eget tincidunt condimentum, eros ipsum rutrum orci, sagittis tempus lacus enim ac dui. Donec non enim in turpis pulvinar facilisis. Ut felis. Praesent dapibus, neque id cursus faucibus, tortor neque egestas augue, eu vulputate magna eros eu erat. Aliquam erat volutpat. Nam dui mi, tincidunt quis, accumsan porttitor, facilisis luctus, metus
HOLDERS OF FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS
Holders of foreign qualifications can be accepted to the state-funded study places in Lithuanian higher education institutions or claim for scholarships in accordance with the procedures established by the applicable legislation in cases when:
- They are citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other member countries of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA);
- They are non-EU and non-EEA nationals granted a right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania or they are stateless persons;
- They are children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin (further – the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin).
Foreign nationals and stateless persons who do not meet the required criteria are accepted to study at higher education institutions with their own funds by taking part in the competition.
The procedures for the competition to the state-funded study places for foreign qualification holders are approved by the Order of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania No. V-992 “On the approval of the description of the procedures for the competition of foreign qualification holders to the state-funded study places” of 15 June 2012 (https://www.e-tar.lt/portal/lt/legalAct/TAR.2C02872705DA) and of 12 June 2013 the Order replacement, and of 7 May 2014 the Order replacement.
Holders of foreign qualifications willing to study at Lithuanian higher education institutions must:
- Contact the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (CQAHE) regarding academic recognition of foreign qualifications (CQAHE contacts: A. Goštauto g. 12, Vilnius, phone +370 5 210 4772, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Pass the Lithuanian language test (if selected studies are conducted in Lithuanian and if the person has no proven record of language knowledge issued by competent authority);
- Submit the online application form (https://bp.lamabpo.lt/bp2016/lama_is.main);
- Pass the entrance examinations (if required for selected study programmes);
- Attach to Your application the copies of document before the date specified.
The following documents have to be attached to the completed application form:
- A certificate issued by Vilnius University regarding the test of Lithuanian language or document issued by other competent authority (an embassy, municipality or officially registered Lithuanian community of respectful country);
- A certificate or other document proving the Lithuanian origin issued by the Lithuanian community of respectful country or other competent authority (an embassy and similar), in cases where a person belongs to the Lithuanian diaspora or is an alien of Lithuanian decent. The document and its official translation must be submitted either in Lithuanian, English or Russian language;
- A document issued by a competent foreign authority (a school, municipality, embassy and similar) and its official translation (in Lithuanian, English and Russian) proving that the person has resided for three years in a foreign country if he is an alien;
- A document issued by a competent authority in Lithuanian, English or Russian language evidencing that the person has lived abroad no less than three years, and upon entering the Republic of Lithuania he has started school at no earlier than the eighth grade;
- Sport federations certificate and competitions Protocol (willing to study at the programs of sport);
- Documents issued by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education evidencing secondary education or equivalent received in non-Lithuanian higher education schools;
- A certificate issued by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education regarding recognition of study subjects and credit transfer.
For the list of documents to be presented for academic recognition of foreign qualifications, grade conversion and evaluation of study subjects please visit the official CQAHE website.
Recognition processing time
CQAHE requires one month to process an evaluation from the day all documents, including additional documents, are received. Standard evaluation processing time is up to several weeks, except where pending a response from competent authorities on additional information. It is the responsibility of an applicant to provide all the necessary documents. In cases where the provided information is insufficient, the period of evaluation may be extended to three months. For more information please call +370 5 210 4772.
The test of Lithuanian language
The test of Lithuanian language is to evaluate the applicant’s ability to study in Lithuanian language. Listening, reading, writing and speaking skills and the ability to use the language are assessed during the test.
For questions regarding the test of Lithuanian language the applicant has to contact the Dept. of Lithuanian Studies (Faculty of Philology) at Vilnius University (Universiteto g. 5, Vilnius). For more information please contact +370 5268 7214, +370 5 268 7215 or http://www.lsk.flf.vu.lt
European Baccalaureate Diploma
The applicant has to contact the CQAHE regarding grade conversion and evaluation of study subjects. Academic recognition of the European Baccalaureate is not required.
According to the Convention defining the Statute of the European Schools, ratified by the Republic of Lithuania in 2004, the holders of the European Baccalaureate are entitled to seek admission to any university in the territory of any Member State on the same terms as nationals of that Member State with equivalent qualifications.
For more information on the European Baccalaureate please visit the official webpage of CQAHE.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
The applicant has to contact the CQAHE regarding the academic recognition of International Baccalaureate. Grade conversion and evaluation of study subjects are not required.
The equivalents of study subjects and grades of International Baccalaureate are determined by the Order of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania No. V-992 “On the approval of the description of the procedures for the competition of foreign qualification holders to the state-funded study places” of 15 June 2012 (https://www.e-tar.lt/portal/lt/legalAct/TAR.2C02872705DA) and are laid down in the Annex I, and on 12 June 2013 the amendment of the order V-539. The equivalents of study subjects and grades are determined by the Association of Lithuanian Higher Education Institutions LAMA BPO.
For more information on the acceptance of children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin to Lithuanian higher education institutions please see here (https://www.e-tar.lt/portal/lt/legalAct/e01522f0e26611e39ea8c7e1dfdc4b5c).